Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

I love the idea of doing this. It kinda helps me to learn a little bit about myself. Bugaboo is driving me nuts, and he has ANOTHER week off, so this may help me focus:

Thirteen Things About Being a Mom
  1. I never knew it was possible to love someone this way.
  2. It is a different love than romantic love.
  3. I love seeing them when they get out of bed in the morning.
  4. I love how quiet it is at night when they finally go to bed.
  5. I miss them when I am not with them, even when I WANTED to leave.
  6. I find things coming out of my mouth that sound EXACTLY like my mother, and it doesn't scare me THAT much. Not really. Ok, a teensy-weensy bit!
  7. I think being a mother is the most important job on the planet (and one of the best!)
  8. Being a mother is the most difficult job on the planet. Because you aren't just a mom, you are a personal secretary, driver, short-order cook, maid, personal shopper, nurse, teacher, friend...
  9. All I need in return is a few hugs, some kisses, a smile or two and an "I love you!"
  10. I thank God everyday for my boys.
  11. I really oughta thank my husband for my boys.
  12. I love having boys, but sometimes wish I had a girl, too.
  13. If I didn't have that teensy problem with Abruptia, I would have 13 kids. And hopefully some of them would be girls. Or red-heads. Or boys WITHOUT autism. Perhaps that sounds selfish...

Ok, that's it. I didn't have enough room on the list of thirteen to write it all. But, I think numbers seven and eight say it best. It is the most rewarding and wonderful, but is the most important and difficult. Precisely why I would do it again, and again, and again...

4 comments:

Chaotic Mom said...

That doesn't sound selfish AT ALL. I know a little about what you mean.

You really are one of the best moms I know. VERY nice list. I'm printing this one to help remind me why I'M happy to be a mom, too. ;)

Just Nancy said...

What a great list! I wish I felt well enough to do my own list. I had something similar planned!

Domestic CEO said...

Great list!

You know, not that I'm suggesting this for right now, there is always adoption....

Domestic Goddess said...

I would TOTALLY adopt. But DH may take more persuading! He won't even let me get another dog! LOL!