Thursday, April 06, 2006

A few things about me, courtesy of Muppy

I know it is Thursday Thirteen, but my sister Muppy (long family story, I will tell you later) sent me one of those stinkin' chain E-mails that you are supposed to delete their response, forward it, forward again, yada, yada, yada. In the interest of time, I have decided instead of mailing it to everyone, I will use it as material for my BLOG! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
So, here goes:

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1.Cashier at Swarthmore Co-op
2.Teacher's Aide/Paraprofessional
3. Personal Assistant for Realtor
4. File clerk at SEVERAL insurance companies


Four movies I would watch over and over:
1.My Fair Lady
2. Moonstruck
3. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (Donny Osmond only)
4. Pride and Prejudice or Jane Eyre (any versions)...ok that's five.

Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. South Park
2. CSI
3. Oprah (i've completely lost it!)
4. What Not to Wear

Four places I have lived:
1. Norwood PA
2.Ridley Park, PA
3. Glen Riddle, PA
4. Rutledge, PA (see a trend?)

Four places I have been on vacation:
1. New Hamshire (ski!)
2. Tennessee (fun!)
3. Vega$ (Vegas, baby!)
4. Utah (more ski!)

Four websites I visit daily:
1. Wil Wheaton.net
2. Fark.com
3. Cnn.com
4. WXPN.com (live Web feed)

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. In Bed
2. Under the Covers
3. Snuggling with Darling under the covers in bed
4. Someplace they still have snow so I could ski

Four friends/family who I have tagged that I think will respond:
No one, since I put it on my blog.

Four musicians/bands I would love to see live:
1. Beatles (when I go back in time with my sister who is building a time machine)
2. Neil Finn/Crowded House
3. Barry Manilow
4. Melissa Ethridge

Four jobs that sound like fun:
1. Gardener
2. Mommy
3. Video Game tester
4. Mystery Shopper


And besides, I don't know the rules or anything for Thursday Thirteen, so I don't really get it. Perhaps that will happen next Thursday after I read about it a little bit. So I will make up my own, code-less Thirteen responses for now:

Thirteen Things about Autism That You Were Afraid to Ask
1) No two children with Autism are alike (think snowflakes). Even kids with the same diagnosis or type don't have the same symptoms!
2)People with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) get married, have kids, have jobs, make money.
3) People with ASD have feelings, thoughts and emotions.
4) Some People with ASD have sensorimotor dysfunction. It means their senses don't regulate like everyone else's and it makes it difficult to deal with everyday happenings.
5) I knew that my boys had ASDs when they were infants, but no one believed me!
6) My boys weren't officially diagnosed until this year (at 3 and 5 years of age), even though they've received services for 2 years.
7) There are other members of my extended family with ASDs. Some are undiagnosed, but we know they are there!
8)There are many diffierent camps or groups out there that have different agendas. You have to read about as many as you are able to decide what is best for your family.
9) I am very interested in Stanley Greenspan's Theories on DIR/Floortime and The Verbal Behavior Approach.
10) My boys don't have a life-threatening illness, are happy and well-loved and like they way they are, so don't feel sorry for us!
11) Some people with ASDs are on special diets due to extreme food allergies and sensitivities. My boys have dairy and wheat allergies from when they were infants, we only recently found out about GFCF.
12) I don't believe that my sons' ASDs were caused by heavy metal poisoning, but I can see why that may happen to some people.
13) There is a wealth of great info at www.autismlink.com and if you google it, you will get even MORE great info. Just don't believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet!
Ok, enough for now. School bus is coming!

2 comments:

Just Nancy said...

Great Thursday Thirteen list, Marj!

My list is up, too.

Domestic CEO said...

I tried doing the "real" Thursday Thirteen before but did it wrong, so I do a codeless one too. Nothing wrong with that! :)