Tuesday, April 11, 2006

If I had a whole weekend to myself...

This is a writing prompt I saw on some friends' sites. Thought it might be interesting, since I haven't had even a day to myself since the boys were born, over 5 years ago! So here it goes:

Friday: Stay up late watching movies and eating takeout. Mmmmm, CHinese! Go to bed when I can't keep my eyes open anymore. Skip brushing my teeth just because I FEEL like it.

Saturday: Get up when I darn well feel like it. Or when the dog whines to go out. Make a nice breakfast. Go work out at the Y. Take a long, hot shower until the water starts to get cold. Get some clothes on and go out in the garden and do yardwork, planting, etc. Play with the dog. Take her for a long walk. In the afternoon I will camp out on the couch and read a book. Call some friends and do dinner. Go home and stay up too late watching movies again.

Sunday: Get up and go to church. Head downtown to the Art Museum and spend the better part of the day walking around just looking at everything. Eat lunch at that expensive place in the Art Museum, just for fun. Go home and veg on the couch until they get home.

I know, doesn't sound very glamorous. But all I really want is to hang out and do NOTHING...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marj, that sounds wonderful. And you know, you should do it. You deserve it.