Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Sound of Silence

Since we were up much too late last night (and the kids were up WAY past their bedtime!) I am letting them all sleep in this morning. It is so peaceful and quiet around here right now. Not that it isn't ever peaceful in our home, it is just moreso today. Usually I have one child begging for food, the other getting upset because I won't let him turn on the idiot box, the dog barking and waking the Sunday sleepers and Darling half-asleep at the table sipping coffee. Today the dog is waking the Sunday sleepers, I ate, got my clothes ready for church, sorted through my music for mass (I play in the guitar group. No, not the guitar. The flute.). I am now sipping my tea in the last few minutes of solitude I will have for the day.

I just heard a door open. Two doors. Pitter patter, pitter patter (more like, THUD, THUD, THUD!). Here they come. Quiet time is over.

1 comment:

Tish said...

Dont you just LOVE quiet time in the morning??? Its my favorite time of day. Sitting there drinking my coffee in silence is a wonderful way to start the day!!! : )