Thursday, April 27, 2006



Thirteen of my Favorite Movies Ever!
  1. My Fair Lady, Roman Holiday (Audrey Hepburn!)
  2. Parenthood
  3. Moonstruck (When I lost my hand, I lost my pride!"
  4. Princess Bride
  5. Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman and other Christopher Guest Films
  6. Dogma, Mapprats, Clerks and other Kevin Smith films
  7. Star Wars Saga
  8. Star Trek (except #5...ewww!)
  9. Jane Eyre (various versions)
  10. Pride and Prejudice (various versions)
  11. Monty Python Films (addicted)
  12. Meet Joe Black (one word: BRAD!)
  13. Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2 (and other Quentin Tarrantino films)

See a trend here? I tend to like a series of films by the same folks. I could have added my top one hundred movies of all times, but it is a thirteen list. To be fair, I have to tell you I love Harry Potter, but I thought the movies were "OK" and not favorites. No one can do justice to those books. Or most books.

5 comments:

Just Nancy said...

M-j,

It's nice to see you diving into the blog world head first!

I'm the first to visit your list? Have you signed up at http://thursdaythirteen.com/? You'll get LOTS of visitors and comments.

I agree with some of your movies, but I'm not a Kevin Smith fan and I love the Harry Potter movies. I love the books, too, and as a writer, those are books I wish I'D thought of!

Domestic Goddess said...

I am not sure I want too many people reading it. This is kinda for my own personal growth, and I like that some friends can read it, KWIM?
I am not sure I am ready for the whole blog world yet. Maybe after a little more practice.

Domestic CEO said...

Nice list, though remembering you writing about how you can't sit through movies very easily - I'm surprised you have that many to list! :)

Diane Viere said...

Great list of movies! I wish I could remember my all-time favorites! The nice thing about getting old--o.k....over 50--is that you can re-watch a movie and enjoy it as if it were the first time! I am currently reading a book that seems vaguely familiar...hmmmm...maybe I've read it before? No problem, the characters are familiar, the plot is familiar, but I don't, for the life of me remember the ending...so the read is still worth it! :)

Diane

Chaotic Mom said...

WOW! What a varied list! I mean, this is a really neat group of pics.