Saturday, April 22, 2006

Soggy, wet and soaked

Wow, this is certainly quite a bit of rain we've had today! After not having rain for nearly three weeks ( I mean measurable rain, the kind I have to mop the floor for when the dog comes in) this just seems like overkill to me.

We need it, the grass and trees appreciate it. And I love rain. Love the smell right before it starts. Love how quiet it is outside because people seem to be aquaphobic. Love how cool and breezy it is, and how I want to stay in jammies and snuggle with my boys under the blankets. The dog just doesn't feel the same way. She cowers, refuses to go out until it is absolutely necessary and she is doing the pee-pee dance by the door, and then she hangs out under the bow window and won't come in, because she will get wet on the way to the door! ACK!

Poor Bugaboo is one sick little guy. I knew that after we went to the GI the other day and she suggested taking him OFF of the GFCF diet so that they could run tests (like crohn's, celiac, etc) that he would end up with a sinus or ear infection within a week. And it only took him four days. I know they will try to tell me there is no connection, but it seems awfully strange that when I took milk out of Bug Boy's diet that he suddenly stopped getting ear infections and throwing up, and when I took wheat out of Bugaboo's diet the same happened. Hmmmm...don't need a medical degree to figure out that one. And I think it is interesting that the first thing the MD gave me was a prescription to deal with the tummy stuff. Ugh.
The good news is that I can cut it all out again in about six weeks, the time that it will take for the tests to be scheduled, run and results interpreted.

They are STILL awake. The result of spending the past three days straight with their much-loved cousins and getting hyper-stimulated. And dozing off for five whopping minutes in the car, which is enough to keep them awake several hours past their bedtimes!!!

No comments: