Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Kidless!

Not that I WANT to get rid of my kids, but I am lucky that my sister has off this week for Spring break (Delaware does everything a little differently) and volunteered to give us a night off. Then tomorrow I will give HER a night off. Maybe two nights. They were thinking of going to a B&B and I still owe her for taking the day off to go to the Developmental Pediatrician with me.

We have no idea what we are doing. I don't want to go out to dinner just for the sake of doing it, we do it often enough. We are looking into a ball game or a movie, we shall see. I don't want to just do something really random just because we don't have kids.

I am seriously thinking of making a special dinner (Mmmm...maybe filet mignon!) and then renting us a movie. We don't get to do THAT very often. And it is rarely quiet. But I will make him get his stuff ready for tomorrow before we sit to watch a movie, because I am soooooo sleeping in tomorrow!

No doubt I will still get up at 6:30, wait until 7 to call my sister and check on the kids. I am such a MOM!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe a romantic dinner w/candlelight? Strawberries & whip cream, massage lotion, etc. Enjoy your night!!

Domestic CEO said...

Have a great kid-free night!!!

Chaotic Mom said...

Oh I am so jealous so jealous so jealous! Thanks for sharing on my Stressed Mommy post. You really made some amazing points. BIG time thoughts to mull over. ;)