Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter

It has been a marvelous day so far, and I am ready for round two! I am taking a little breather while Darling plays in the yard with Bug Boy and Bugaboo hides in the basement (he has to poop, can only go - in his diaper - hiding in the basement, for some odd reason!). Food is in the oven for Jay and Stay. We have dinner with them every week, so this is like a slightly fancier version of our typical Sunday dinner. Usually we grill it and eat it!

This morning was lovely. The air was coolish but felt great, a good song was on the radio on the way to church and mass was nice. It was packed (C&E Catholics) and smelled good - about one hundred lillies lined the church and altar. I am glad I took some allergy meds before I left! The sermon was ok, our deacon gave it and we really can't stand him. He is very pompous and has a tendency to be sort of fire-and-brimstone. One Sunday he began his Homily by pointing to various members of the congregation and telling each one they were going to die. I mean, we all know we are going to die, but this is the CHILDREN'S mass! And, he always has a prop. Today was a toy Barbie house, and he chastised us for wanting too much "junk" in our lives, when all we need is simple. I agree with his message, but it is the condescending way he says it that makes everyone in the church squirm in their seats. One Sunday he had a loaf of white bread and a loaf of multigrain bread, and proceeded to tell us to go for the "whole wheat" in our lives rather than the squishy, nasty white bread. I think he likes metaphors.

Anywho, the homily over, the rest of the mass proceeded, and for some reason, when we sang, "In remembrance of Me" during communion, I could barely choke back the tears. Music really resonates with me, and I am trying so hard these days to understand the "plan" for me and why I have been chosen to be Bugaboo's Momma. It isn't as easy as just reading it in the scriptures. I mean, I know I was chosen. I know I was chosen because God feels I am the best one for the job. I guess I can't help but wonder how God came to that conclusion. It still amazes me everyday. I love him with my whole heart and soul, and his brother, but when Darling and I are at our wit's end, and are so very sad, it is difficult to keep it all in perspective. I have some comfort knowing that some day the plan will be revealed, and I will say, "AHA! I KNEW IT!"

Ok, gotta get off the ole duff and finish our not-so-fancy dinner. We are actually eating in the Dining Room instead of the kitchen, but using the every day flatware and dishes. I did go out of my way to get the nice cloth napkins out and am even using the silver napkin rings I received as a wedding gift from MIL. Casual yet elegant! Shabby Chic!

1 comment:

Chaotic Mom said...

HOLY COW on the homily thingy. Man, the kids in our parish are so loud sometimes I can't even hear the homily.

I just caught up on your plumbing problem. YIKES! Do you have a good plumber to recommend?