Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Marj's favorite foods

  1. Potatoes. Any way you cook 'em. Gotta have potatoes! Mashed, especially. But baked, twice baked, french fried, home fried, hash browns, it doona matter.
  2. Cheese. Oh golly, do I love cheese (as you guessed from my list from last week)! I love a good sharp cheddar. I also love baked brie with grapes and strawberries to dip in. Yummy!
  3. Pizza. Plain or white. But I also like it with brocoli and tomatoes on white sauce. Little Anthony's makes white pizza the best, but I like Cocco's red sauce. Just not Sicilian.
  4. Bread. With dinner or without. Toasted or not. Great for dipping in sauce or gravy!
  5. SOS - Cream chipped beef on toast. I ALWAYS get it when we go out to breakfast (at least, around here!)
  6. Sausage Gravy biscuits. This needs no explaination.
  7. Pasta! Noodles! Spaghetti! Raviolis! YUMMMY!
  8. Fried Chicken, ESPECIALLY home made.
  9. Chicken Pot Pie. Crunchy crust and sauce, mmmmm... (Can you tell I like comfort food?)
  10. Macaroni and Cheese, but only homemade, and with 3 or 4 kinds of cheese in it. Then it has to be baked to the point where it is crunchy on top.
  11. A nice, green crunchy salad. Nothing like it!
  12. Turkey. Especially good when stuffed with mom's special stuffing.
  13. Chicken Fried Rice. Perfect on a day when I don't feel like cooking. As long as they don't put PEAS in it.

Ok, and since I told you which foods I love, you now get the list of 13 foods I can't stand to eat:

  1. Raw onions. I taste them for days!
  2. Mushrooms, fresh or cooked, I don't like them. But oddly, I like Cream of Mushroom Soup at the Dilworthtown Inn.
  3. Liver (but who really likes it?)
  4. Ham. Too salty.
  5. Really spicey/hot foods
  6. Sweets, cakes, etc.
  7. Oranges
  8. Seafood. I'm allergic to shellfish, so this isn't hard to avoid.
  9. Peanuts. See #8.
  10. Chick Peas, Garbanzo Beans, Chichis, whatever you call them. Texture.
  11. Pancakes. See #10.
  12. Cream of Wheat or Oatmeal. See #10 again.
  13. Ice Cream most of the time. But not at certain times of the month. Then Death By Chocolate Ice Cream is ok.

I hope I didn't make you too hungry reading this!!!

3 comments:

Just Nancy said...

I think of you every time I go into a restaurant and order chipped beef, as I did yesterday!

Hey, thanks for visiting my list, but you didn't leave a comment!

Domestic CEO said...

Yeah - ya did make me hungry! Knock that off. :)

By any chance are you visiting other TT13s and leaving your name as Bubbabug Mom or something like that?

Domestic Goddess said...

Nope, ain't me.
I'm M-j.