Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Not-so-Wordless Wednesday


I know it is wordless Wednesday, but I feel I should do a little explaining. This picture may actually belong with Tuesday Treasure, because this piano is something I cherish and I am honored to have.
This piano belonged to my mother before me. It was in my house growing up. It was the piano she grew up with and learned to play on. She is a concert pianist and toured as a child prodigy (and also played bass fiddle). It was originally intended for my eldest aunt, but mom would listen to her practicing in the next room and then sneak in and play it. Without music. Before it was in Grandmom's house, it belonged to Great Grandmom. So you can see why this is special to me. It has belonged to four generations. It is in great tune, but the wood is in HORRIBLE shape, thanks to my mom's eight siblings and my seven. And a 60s re-do with faux finishing...

2 comments:

Just Nancy said...

This is a great treasure and a great picture! I didn't know that about your mother. And she still planned to be a nun? Really interesting.

Mine is up, too.

Chaotic Mom said...

WOW! Amazing info about your MOM! Very cool. Do you play the piano much?