Monday, May 08, 2006

Broken Bones

Well, it is official.
Bug Boy has a broken wrist, and we have x-rays and a 7 hour ER wait to prove it. Of course we had to pick the first day in two years that the ER was that busy. Every bed (all 24 of them) was full in the Children's hospital. ACK!
Bug Boy was amazing! He was so good and patient, even when they refused to let him eat, for fear that he would need surgery. But he has a buckle fracture, not the worst kind. Thank goodness.
That'll teach him to play with the automatic sliding door on the van! I should have kept my mouth shut, but I had to say, "If you don't stop playing with that..." I called the car manufacturer and lodged a complaint (well, I didn't complain, I merely let them know that the door did NOT stop moving and pop open like it is supposed to!). Poor Bug Boy also had a dislocated elbow, but that popped in ok and doesn't bother him now.
I don't think I need anything else on my plate right now. Between the kids and their therapies and doctors, and my current health issues, I have plenty to keep me busy.
Ok, time to start the day. Bugaboo is still in bed and needs to eat before getting ready for school. And it will take twice as long for Bug Boy, who insists on doing it himself, even with the wrapped-up arm!

1 comment:

Chaotic Mom said...

You know what? I was reading this, thinking about your call to the van company, and the word "lawsuit" jumped into mind. HOW SCARY!

I'm so glad that Bug Boy did okay even when he was under such yucky conditions.

YOU must be one amazingly strong lady, even if you don't feel that way all the time. ;)