Tuesday, May 23, 2006

ABCs of Marj

Saw this on Nancy's blog and decided that it was my kind of thing to do. I try not to do too many meme's, but you know, it IS fun! So, here goes. Everything you wanted to know about Marj by way of the Alphabet:

Accent: Philly girl who is desperately trying to sound less Philly, without being "Madonna" and faking a British accent.

Bible Book that I like: Song of Songs. Very poetic and inspiring.

Chore that I don't care for: Dishes. Can't stand it. Don't like touching old food. Love my new dishwasher!

Dog or Cat: Dog! Shad Roe the dog, to be exact.

Essential Electronics: Love my computer. I also love Bug Boy's Leapster, keeps him busy when I need it to.

Favorite Cologne: None. I don't wear it, and don't like to smell it. Allergies, ya know.

Gold or Silver: Silver

Handbag I Carry most often:Uh, diaper bag!

Insomnia: Never by choice! I love my sleep!

Job Title: Mommy, with a BS inspeciall Education.

Kids: Two boys, ages 5 and 3.

Living Arrangements: with Darling and my boys in a single 3BR 2.5 BA house.

Most Admirable Trait: In me? Eternal optimism. In others? Sense of humor.

Naughtiest childhood behavior: Stealing tic tacs from Pathmark when I was five. Dad saw them when I got home and drove me back to the store with my piggy bank (piggy squirrel bank) and made me pay for them out of my pennies.

Overnight hospital stay: Only two times - when Bug Boy was born I was there for 3 days, when Bugaboo was born I was there for a week.

Phobias: Small spaces, heights.

Quote: Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans - John Lennon.

Religion: Catholic. See letter "s"

Siblings: 3 brothers and 3 sisters. the three sisters all have kids (and boys with ASD!). Only one boy is married with no kids. 2 sisters in DE, one in VA (just moved from IA), one brother three blocks away and 2 moved back in with M&D when they were laid off from work, but one is itching to move out yesterday. He's 25 and knows EVERYTHING.

Time I wake up: You mean, for good? Well, I am up several times a night to put Bugaboo back to sleep or use the toilet (at least 3 times a night). But the alarm goes off about 6:15. Even on weekends I am up then, and feign sleep until the kids scream or Darling begs me to wake up.

Unusual Talent or skill: I can do "horse lips." Little kids love it. Ask me to do it next time you see me!

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Ohhh...tough one. I LOVE veggies! I am allergic to asparagus and shouldn't eat it, but I do once in a while. I even like brussel sprouts. Oh wait, I've got one! Raw onions! They have to be cooked!

Worst habit: Procrastination. I WROTE HAMLET! Just kidding. But I am pretty sure the character was based on me.

X-rays: mostly just teeth, but I had my shoulder done when I was 12 and dislocated it.

Yummy stuff I cook: POTATOES! Anyway you want 'em!

Zoo animal I like most: Elephants. They are the most beautiful, graceful, amazing creatures. And I don't think they belong in zoos, but as a friend told me today, I've CASHED IN my soapbox for today! The weird thing is, I never really had a thing for elephants until I had a dream when I was 15. From then on I had to collect them, and still do. And the freaky part is that my great grandmother (whom I have never met) collected them as a teen and young woman, and I didn't know it until AFTER Nana told me years later before she died!

No comments: