Thursday, May 18, 2006



The Thirteen best things about spring!
  1. Waking up to the birds!
  2. Blue skies and sunlight
  3. Rain to help the flowers grow
  4. Smelling Spring flowers, especially lilac!
  5. Working in garden and getting my nails dirty
  6. Taking long walks outside and just watching
  7. Hearing kids playing outside
  8. Seeing my neighbors everyday
  9. The smell of a newly-mown lawn (but my allergies! ACK!)
  10. Yard Sales!
  11. Riding my bike around town with the kids in the trailer
  12. Doggie wants to go outside more!
  13. Trash pick-up is now two days a week!

There are so many more reasons to enjoy spring. The air just smells better, the flowers smell sweeter, it is close to summer. I feel so alive! But my favorite time of year is fall...

4 comments:

Domestic CEO said...

Fall and spring are my favorites too! I love getting outside more often, and not having to get everyone into their coats! Woohoo. :)

Unknown said...

Spring is a wonderful time of the year for sure, but unfortunately we don't get much of one in the South, Spring is so short before Summer arrives. I love those things you mentioned about spring! My list is up!

Just Nancy said...

I actually read these before and forgot to comment. One of the things I miss down here is the slow awakening of spring. Well, it happens around JANUARY and I forgot to enjoy it!

Thanks for visiting my list.

Chaotic Mom said...

Yeah! Spring is actually my favorite time of year. I used to love watching the ice thaw, growing up back in WI. ;)