Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekend? What weekend?

At the risk of sounding cliche, I must tell y'all that I cannot believe it is Monday already!

Where, oh where, does the time go? Could it be that the entire weekend was a blur because on the first weekend in three months that we had NOTHING planned and NOTHING we absolutely had to do, that we were so goshdarn busy that it passed too quickly?

As I sit her contemplating that epiphany Bugaboo is stalking Bug Boy for the remains of his asiago cheese bagel. At twelve to fifteen grams of protein per bagel it is no doubt Bugaboo obtains his main sources of protein from these bagels. This weekend he tried a piece of pizza crust. We thought we were being crafty when we left a teeny piece of cheese and sauce on the crust and handed it to Bugaboo. He turned it over, carefully inspecting it, then ripped off the offending piece and put it behind him (he is no longer allowed to throw things on the floor, he now tucks them under his behind or puts them behind his back). Nice try, Mom and Dad! As if...

I have been running a fever all weekend. It started with the hairball-stuck-in-throat-so-blame-it-on-the-shedding-dog theory and Saturday morning it became the I-picked-up-a-cat-so-my-allergies-are-bothering-me theory. By the time I woke up from a nap that afternoon it was OMIGOSH-I-am-really-sick-and-it-wasn't-the-Crest-Whitestrips theory. Although those work very well and they taste awful. So I was convinced I was being poisoned for about five minutes. Yesterday I spent the day lounging by the fireplace (yes, it was lit) either with a kid sitting on my head or feet or one sprawled across my body whining, "mmmaaaaaaammmmm!" And after ten years of marriage Darling finally figured out that when I am sick I need attention and pampering. He offered to get me soup, made me drinks, kept the kids at bay and made sure I had enough blankets to keep me warm. What a nice way to spend the day! Too bad it will not happen for another ten years. It was worth waiting for!

Sleeping well can do wonders for a person. I actually slept for over eight hours last evening and it was HEAVENLY. I woke up with tummy pains (never, ever eat chicken wings and green veggies when you are having digestion issues) but recharged from a restful night. I did not stare at the ceiling half the night worrying about my day, my kids, my life. Instead of drifted off into a peaceful sleep dreaming of my grandparents' homes when I was a kid and how big they seemed when I was so young(Or perhaps it was just that I grew up in a shoe closet so their homes felt like mansions to me. ).

Bugaboo is still stalking Bug Boy for that last bite of bagel. He follows him around with his face about two inches away, waiting for Bug Boy to look at something so he can lick it or take a bite. It is very funny to see. One of these days I will upload a video to my blog. You know, with all of my free time.

Oh, and the best part of this weekend? Darling went over our finances in preparation of Christmas shopping (which I have been doing for two months but he did not notice) and declared our budget and that he was fine with the purchases I made online. Normally if I spend two cents he gives me a lecture about spending our mortgage money, yadda, yadda, yadda. This year I am being super frugal and getting things finished in a timely manner. It feels great!

Ok, feverish rant over...

2 comments:

Happy said...

You sound pretty upbeat so that 8 hours of sleep and a fairly free and unplanned weekend must have done wonders for you. Congrats on the organized holiday shopping. I am suitably impressed. Good luck at the doctors and I hope it's not anything serious.

Lauren D. McKinney said...

Oh, so it takes ten years? Can't wait until June!