Thursday, November 16, 2006

To clarify a few things...

I usually read people's comments and think about them, then forget them. I answer them in my head but do not always respond to the person who asked the question (does that mean I am losing it?). So, here is my best effort to clarify things:

Kathy: I know that reflux and gallbladder disease are two different things. You see, for me, if one is active then the other flares up. In other words, when my ulcer starts up, it is usually because I am stressed out, which means the acid is flaring up, which means my gallbladder is working twice as hard from my crappy diet, which means the next thing you know I have pains in my side and a sore throat. So, taking Tagamet (a reflux med) believe it or not DOES help with my gallbladder. It just doesn't help my liver too much, so I don't like to take it unless absotively necessary. The more meds you are on, the more your kidneys and liver have to work. And I am thinking of holding onto them for as long as possible. But the gallbladder can go.

Tracy: I didn't realize that once you got your gallbladder out you couldn't process fats. We have to tell everyone in Hollywood this. They'll stop getting plastic surgery and go for laproscopic gallbladder removal instead.

Rachel: I'm glad your happy pills work for you. I just haven't found one that works for me yet. I think it is because I was misdiagnosed with depression. I am positive that depression isn't my issue, mostly because I am nearly a carbon copy of my mother. She has bi-polar disorder (so do my FIL and Brother). And while I am not quite as up and down as she is, but I can come close a few times a month. So until I get on a mood stabilizer specifically for Bi-polar disorder, which I am currently unwilling to do, I will just go with what I am doing for now. It works for the most part. Except sometimes I end up with hair colors I don't like or clothes I don't need.

Anjali: Someone that has your awesome figure oughta wear a bikini, even with scars! The heck with 'em! I plan on wearing mine until the wrinkles get in the way of my bottom trunks.

Advice on Bollywood Films: The way I find most of them is by accident. But you could try the Wikipedia entry on Bollywood and go from there. The more popular films aren't necessarily the best ones, but it is a good place to start. Oh, and check out Mississippi Masala, if you haven't. It isn't necessarily a Bollywood film, but I love stories that portray characters trying to survive love between two conflicting cultures. Nothing could be more dramatic than an African American man in the south in love with a young woman from India. Talk about culture clash!

I think that is everything I had for now.

update: I looked at my blog traffic for the week and here are some of the google searches that landed people here:
  • George Prepard
  • Jena Malone dubbed Pride and Prejudice
  • No, not yours. Can't have it
  • Dale Earnhardt Junior
  • Baby EEGs
  • How to remove salon wax from tile
  • Bugaboo
  • Bollywood Mj
  • Gap Audrey Hepburn commercial where is it from
  • What does Ralph mean in baby book
Some weird wild stuff, indeed.

1 comment:

Happy said...

I got the nitty gritty from brother Bry, apparently without the gallbladder your body just process fat less efficiently. In that initially you don't process fat, but eventually your liver and other organs compensate. So, no, it's not Hollywoods answer to weighloss.

WOW, did you accomplish a lot yesterday!!!!