Saturday, November 25, 2006

Angry with Darling

I know this is totally trivial, and there are more important things to worry about, but Darling and I have had this ongoing thing for a while and I really need to get it off of my chest.

Darling has a habit of disappearing into the garage. Now, if he is working on a car or the lawn mowers or cleaning up or...something that has to do with the garage, I am OK. But when he disappears for six hours and I go out to check on him and see if he wants to at least come in for lunch and find him cutting up an 8 foot steel beam with an acetylene torch, I get a little Irish. I mean, this has to be the WORST idea he has ever had. He is literally trying to cut it up into 3 foot sections so he can throw it out, one piece at a time.

Now, it was suggested to us to post it on Freecycle or Craig's list. So I encouraged him to do it. And guess what? Someone was looking for steel beams! All he had to do was post it. Did he? No. He started cutting it up instead. It is taking him forever. He has 2-4 inch gashes that took nearly three hours to do. So his grand plan isn't working. Not to mention the fact that he is cutting it up in the garage, over an old oil spot. With two cords of wood in the garage. And two lawnmowers full of fuel. And two cars.
I am not sure I am angry with him. More like frustrated that he is doing this. Sorry to vent about something so...well, stupid. But he is usually so intelligent and is so thoughtful. I just don't get the torch thing. He is either going to burn his hand off or set the garage on fire. Or asphyxiate from the fumes. Grrr...

1 comment:

Happy said...

Isn't the blog a great place to vent about those that are nearest and dearest (heehee)? My hubby disappears into his office and plays computer games on the PC for hours.