Monday, November 13, 2006

Updates on various topics

It rained this weekend.

Just kidding, I know you knew that.

Darling spent two hours sucking up leaves with the tractor while I raked the neighbor's front yard and the kids jumped in it.

Penn State beat Temple with no coach. No one is surprised by this.

The Eagles won. I don't know if the Flyers did because Darling cannot stand to watch it at the moment, it is too depressing for him without Bobby Clark.

Bug Boy had a sleep over with Polite Boy. They played ALL day Saturday, slept over and played half the day Sunday. They never got sick of each other. Of course, Bug Boy turned into a pumpkin at the stroke of noon and it was meltdown city for the rest of the day. He cried for two hours and the entire time repeated (over and over and over) "But I wanna play video games! I wanna play video games!" Mommy is ready to chuck all electronics out the window. Daddy didn't do a good job of sticking to Bug Boy's chart limiting tv time!

Bugaboo had fun yesterday while Daddy fell asleep watching football. See, Daddy said Mommy needed a nap and sent me to bed. Daddy fell asleep and Bugaboo was bringing pictures to him but couldn't find his hands to put the picture in, since Daddy was fast asleep. So Bugaboo stripped down to his birthday suit (happens many times a day), ran into the Living Room and proceeded to relieve himself all over the carpet. And then smear it on the wall. Oh, and the pumpkin light. And then walked in it and tracked it around the Living Room. Then walked into the kitchen leaving footprints on the floor and then peed on my newer rug. Then opened and closed the fridge while stuff was running down his legs. That is when Darling FINALLY woke up and screamed for me. I spent the next three hours scrubbing, steaming, decontaminating. Great way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon.

I watched a great movie called Monsoon Wedding. Another Indian themed movie, very well done. So many of them center around weddings. Hmmm...

As of this last sentence Bug Boy is still lobbying for video game time. Methinks Darling and I need to have a family meeting this evening and renegotiate his contract, since he seems to forget to rule about school days and tv time (um, zero.).

I met a friend for coffee last night. Both of our older boys have the same name and both have PDD-NOS. We met at Border's, our once-monthly haunt, because it is the only place around that serves stuff not on the diet and stays open late enough on Sunday for us to chat. They were OUT OF BELGIAN CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE and I really needed it after Bugaboo's incident. I settled for coffee cake (not even close to Starbucks!) and it ended up having nuts. My caffe Mocha wasn't prepared properly. There was a new girl at the register (go figure) and she was rude. Next time we try Panera's or Starbucks.

You don't know this, but there was just a fifteen minute pause between the last sentence and this one because Bug Boy was on the floor kicking and crying about the dang video games. I had to calm him down and getting him waiting by the door for the bus.

We found two dog-ticks on the Shad Roe this weekend, and she has a bad sore by each of them. We have no doubt they came from upstate. I cannot imagine how much worse she would have them if we did not treat her with the monthly tick and flea treatment. The vet said to keep an eye on her behavior and bring her in if she seems lethargic, depressed or has a change in her usual psychotic self.

I took a pair of pants back to Target last night because I am too short and didn't feel like hemming them. Plus, they were for church and the rise was a tad too low. I made copies of Bugaboo's pictures for school for his Family Unit. I printed out all of his aunts, uncles and cousins. I even printed out the dog. Hopefully he will learn them. I had to make sure I had very current pictures, since a hairstyle change is enough to confuse him!

I do not have extra children, thanks to their Dad being sick. I know that does not sound like a good thing but I have not been to the Y in nearly three weeks due to appointments and childcare issues. I feel like a sack of potatoes. I feel like eating a sack of potatoes. I may just settle for potato soup, my homemade-much lower fat version.

When I was at church yesterday I closed my eyes during the Lord's Prayer and asked God to give me an answer or sign regarding Bugaboo. Things have fallen into place for Bug Boy and I need to know if I am doing the right thing by Bugaboo. I know we have some things in place but right now we are considering a touch-talker for him. I just feel that we are giving up on him speaking if we do it, but I know it will give him another way to express himself, which is what we want at this point. He is increasingly interested in electronics (could put videos and DVDs in for himself at the ripe ole age of 1) and we think this would help him. But I feel conflicted about it. So, God, I am handing it over to you. Tell me what to do. I want so badly to hear my baby's voice, it rips my heart to shreds just thinking about it. In one respect he is so much easier to deal with that Bug Boy (who can talk, sounds like Rain Man and NEVER STOPS!) but if I could just talk to my sweet little guy and having him answer back, I cannot even begin to tell you what that would do for us. Heck, I'd settle for one word answers and pointing! ANYTHING!!! Okay, rant over. I am giving it back to God. I know it will be taken care of, this is where patience comes into play.

I am determined to finish this cup of tea and get to the Y. So I'm signing off, y'all. Have a grand day.

3 comments:

Happy said...

Oh, M-J - I'm so sorry to hear about the carpet, floor, household poo mess. You have every reason to rant, this is a great space for it. The touch communication piece is a big decision for you guys. I can't do anything else, but put some prayers out there for your guys and offer you a big hug.

Domestic CEO said...

{{{M-J}}}}

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{M-J}}}}}}}}}}}}
If this is God's will it will come into focus, He will open the pathways for the right treatment for Bugaboo.

And if Shad starts acting "normal" I bet you'll think about it (for half a second anyway) before ya take her in... ;-)

As for the carpet - ew. So Sorry.