Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Say What?

Ok,
not surprised by the majority of the election results. Really, I am not. There are a few that I may have been hoping would win (because of certain issues, not because I necessarily like them or that they were in the party I am registered in) but did not, and I am sad about that. There are a few that were very close.

But y'all, last night at 8pm, Darling and I watched some of the election results. With 3 and 4% of precincts reporting, folks were ALREADY CLAIMING VICTORY BASED ON EXIT POLLS!!!!

Darling and I hate this particular part of elections. The media attacks it, projects outcomes, and is sometimes right. But sometimes wrong. The last presidential elections are a good example. When one coast can see results and the other coast is still standing in line to vote, don't you think that people are swayed or influenced? I mean, it was clear that the balance of power was going to shift. It is something that happens after 2 terms of one president. It has happened before and will happen again. And they were very happy with the numbers at the polls, although they still did not have as many people as a presidential election.

I just do not think it is fair or good reporting to have all of these so-called political experts projecting this stuff of tv. It is BS (yes, I said that). And it makes me nuts. Grrr....I also think it is ridiculous for a candidate to refuse to concede when the race is very close. I mean, you lost by 2,000 votes. So you demand a recount? Huh? WHATEVER! YOU LOST! But I think we are all still thinking about those Chads in Ohio and Florida from the Gore/Bush election.

And don't even get me started on Santorum.

End rant.

1 comment:

Chaotic Mom said...

I AM WITH YOU ON THIS! I TOTALLY AGREE! I'm more concerned about a few issues, and was disappointed, too.

THANKS for the tip on the milk! I will have to try that in the future!