Monday, November 27, 2006

The Griswolds

C'mon, every neighborhood has a family like the Griswolds!

If you don't know what I am talking about, click here.)

I am hoping we aren't that family. We spent the better part of yesterday taking down Fall decor and putting up wreaths, lights and bows. I think it is tasteful. In our old house we'd put boughs and bows on every window sill, with candles in each windows. It was simple but pretty. Perfect for an old Victorian. For some reason Darling has gotten the icicle light itch. He wants to put them on every square inch of the house.

At the moment we have wreaths on each windows with lights on the three cone-shaped trees. It looks pretty. But Darling had to do more. He went and bought icicle lights yesterday. He carefully measured the porch and roof to make sure we had enough lights. He went home to put them up and they were about four feet short! HAHAHAHA! I stood there talking to my neighbor's wife while he balanced himself on the roof and he and the neighbor took pot shots at each other, one threatening to call 911, the other joking he might fall out of the tree. The kids (all of them) ran around, up and down the side walk. It was a GORGEOUS day, unseasonably warm. Bugaboo sat in our Honda for two hours. Don't ask.

So, we have pretty wreaths and bows and icicle lights. I swore I would never give in to those lights. I did not take into account that darling and the boys would like them so much. Sigh.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to tell you that he put them on the GARAGE!!!!! Sheesh.

2 comments:

Happy said...

It sound very nice pretty. I like icicle lights, but Sweetness is afraid of falling so he never wants to go on the roof to put them up. Our house has no holiday decorations as of now. We realized we don't have any electric outlets outside so no decorative lights unless we string extension cords out the garage windows.

Chaotic Mom said...

Can I pay you to put up my decorations, too??????? ;)