Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Long time, no blog!

We decided to take a short holiday at the family's cabin in the middle-of-nowhere-Pennsylvania. It was divine. The weather was perfect, the kids had a great time and the adults (darling and myself) relaxed! I even SAT AND DID CROSSWORD PUZZLES!!!! And sudoku and logic puzzles. I am still in awe.

Bugaboo ended up getting sick, nothing new there. He woke up Saturday morning with eye boogers (ewwwww!) and They became progressively worse as the weekend passed. By the time we drove home Monday morning his eyes were stuck together, his tear ducts were running worse than his nose and he cried yellow tears. I thought he had pink eye. WRONG!

It took a few hours to get a cell phone signal since we were coming home through the mountains. I managed to get a call in to the pediatrician, and miraculously she was open on a holiday weekend. So, we brought him right in and she told us he had CELLULITIS. Which, as I understand it, is when the tissue surrounding a wound or infection gets infected and inflamed. Which is why my dear Bugaboo resembled Rocky Balboa. No worries, if the antibiotic and eye drops didn't work we were just gonna have to go to the hospital and be admitted for an IV to get those germs outta there.

Needless to say I had a minor panic episode, since we had a surgical procedure scheduled for this child and had to postpone it due to illness FOUR TIMES. There was no way I was going to let it get postponed again! NO SIR!!! I made SURE that he choked down the antibiotic and Darling and I devised a way to get the eye drops in several times a day by sitting on him. Yes, I said sitting on him. Hey, whatever works, right?

So, Bugaboo had the procedure(s). His eyes are better. His nose is now oozing green slime, and said slime now covers my shirt, stomach and hair from his hugs and "kisses." He'll be right as rain in a few days. And, even after being under anesthesia for a spell he woke right up and hopped out of the hospital bed ready to get his day going. The child never ceases to amaze me.

1 comment:

CryssyeR said...

So happy that the procedure was done and it is finally in the past! Also happy to hear that Bugaboo is feeling just a little bit better. Yuckadoo about the green slime!

Any chance we can do a girl's trip to the cabin like we did before? I promise not to freak out like I did last time - I have grown since then :)