Monday, July 17, 2006

Bug Boy's Tummy trouble

What started out as a fun weekend at his cousin's house became a very long night for Bug Boy. He slept over Dino Boy's house, went to the pool and had a marvelous time. But he had two accidents. You know, the trots? The skids? Do I have to spell it out for you? Ok, D-I-A-R-R-H-E-A. We thought perhaps it was from the ice cream he had the night before. This has happened before, and it is why he is now on a non-dairy diet.

He steadily progressed into full sick mode shortly after we picked him up and brought him home. He was miserable and tired and we thought nothing of it until the THIRD accident two hours after we arrived home. Then he started running a fever. He is not happy about it but I insisted he wear a pull-up. I am not cleaning up all of that underwear. And he wears boxers, so it would be even worse! He is five-years-old and not happy about it.

Since Bug Boy is guzzling fluids I know he is staying hydrated. He has a history of getting dehydrated very quickly and is super-sensitive to heat and cold extremes. And I don't mean he gets too hot. I mean he can get dehydrated in about two minutes. His little temperature system is terribly immature, and the doc is hoping he will grow out of it. I don't want to end up at the ER later, so Bug Boy is staying in today, whether he likes it or not. And the worst part is that he is missing swimming and riding therapy today! He is NOT a happy camper, literally!

Ok, the prince has beckoned. Time to wait on him hand and foot for the remainder of the day.

No comments: