Thursday, July 27, 2006

Where the &@#* have you been?

I know, I haven't' been keeping up. There are good reasons.

The boys (and Darling, and the dog) are running me ragged and my brain has turned to mush.

Most days instead of concentrating on getting on the computer, getting my housework done, taking a shower, etc, I am camping out on the couch, going back to bed, and struggling through errands. I am just unmotivated, exhausted and drained. I took a look at my diet, it is in decent shape, minus the three milkshakes I had last week.

I have been hitting the gym two days a week, wish it were more, but I am at least doing that. And the other day, I got a heckuva workout racing my niece across the pool (she swam, I just did arms, and she still beat me!).

I think what is going on is the midsummer night's slump. I hit this point every summer. Once Fourth-of-July runs around, I am done. I want it to be fall, cooler temps, jacket weather. I cannot stand the heat. And, this is coming from the girl who used to HATE air conditioning, and slept in a room with a fan when Darling used to go into the middle bedroom and sleep with a window AC, before our central air was installed in the old house.

I need leaves falling off of the trees, the smell of damp and decaying foliage. I need cool breezes and chilly nights, and daylight savings time. I need my anniversary (hubba hubba!) and our birthdays, football (yes, I said football, am I crazy for saying that?) and hockey. The time of year when we spend every waking moment outside, and start looking for good sales on ski stuff. We are soooo going this year!

So, I only have about two months to go. Who knew Seasonal Affective Disorder could hit in the summer?

4 comments:

Domestic CEO said...

{{{MARJ}}}
I think you need to take the kids out of the house and come on over for a playdate! :)

Lucy T said...

Um... THREE milkshakes? That does not constitute healthy eating since you probabaly didn't finish your fruits, veggies and lean proteins first! I'm watching you. Glad to see you made your workout today. As you saw, I wasn't there! I did do my treadmill at home though. Bratface only came into talk to me twice. Did you know she is tall enough to reach the faucet in the bathroom? This is the urgent info she had for me. Next time you are in a funk, call me and I will make you laugh.

Unknown said...

I feel the same way you do, but not until WELL after Labor Day!

Chaotic Mom said...

I have been thinking about SAD in the summer ever since you left a comment about it in my blog. Maybe I'm stuck inside so much because of the heat and I dont' get enough SUNSHINE?????