Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Year in Review

I am not much for Meme's, but I couldn't resist taking a look back and seeing what I've been talking about the past year! So here it is, without further ado:

No posts in January, February, since I kinda just started in March (although I attempted it three times in 2005!)

March:
Where the Heck Have I been?
Ok. This is probably teh worst blog. EVAR.

April:
Deep Thoughts With Jack Handy
I used to love the SNL segment featuring "Deep thoughts with Jack Handey." I thought it was a scream.

May:
Typical Monday
I have a few minutes to collect myself before the onslaught of activity begins.


June:
My Thirteen Favorite Things that Grow!
  1. Daffodils...love that smell in the spring
July:
Long Time, No Blog!
We decided to take a short holiday at the family's cabin in the middle-of-nowhere-Pennsylvania. It was divine.

August:
Bug Boy is At it Again!
Bug Boy has always been a bit precocious.

September
Beautiful Morning at the Playground
We managed to get in a great playdate this morning, and I met two more moms of kids with spectrum disorders.

October
Little Man
The other night I caught a tear-jerker-of-a-documentary about filmmaker Nicole Conn and her partner, Political Activist Gwen Baba.

November
Wordless Wednesday
My bowlegged cowboy (homemade for Halloween!).

December:
Pure Exhaustion:
What I should be doing right now:

That was fun, wasn't it?

It seems like I've been doing this blog thing forever, yet it has only been about nine months. I think that this "Year in Review" forced me to look back at what has transpired in the past few months and I now realized that it is NO WONDER that I am exhausted and ready for 2007! So much has happened to us. 2006 was crazy busy, my friends.

I'd like to thank you for reading this and for coming on this journey with me. I enjoy putting my thoughts out because writing this blog helps to keep my head EMPTY. The days that I do not reflect on my life I find I have difficulty drifting off to sleep due to having thoughts roaming aimlessly about my head. Believe it or not, writing this blog has been therapeutic for me, in a strange and distorted way. It has enabled me to continue on my journey for self-discovery.

I am not one for New Year Resolutions, per se, but I do like to look at where I've been and see where I need to go. I prefer goals. My goals remain much the same: To be a better wife and mother, to take care of myself, physically and spiritually (and mentally, let's not forget I need tons of work in that area!) and to learn everything I can. I have this unquenchable thirst for knowledge. I like to read everything I can get my hands on. It is one of the few times I can be perfectly still, lost in a book. As far as new goals, I'd like to continue to get my body in the best physical shape to to continue to eat better, but I would like to try some new foods and new methods of exercise. I am thinking of taking a class at the Y to broaden my horizons (and to force me to be accountable!). I will also sign the boys up for Swim Lessons. As for Darling, my goal for him is to be a better listener for him and to let go of the small stuff. Every year I get better at the nitpicking and (as my older sister counseled me the day of my wedding) picking battles. It isn't important that he doesn't rinse the sink after shaving. It is important that he comes home each evening to a decent dinner, a warm hug, time with the kids and a supportive wife.

That's it in a nutshell. Still the same ole me, but with added ingredients. Kinda Like New Coke, but it tastes much better and I don't have to go back to the old formula when no one buys it because I really am Coke Classic with some extra cola syrup thrown in. How's that for an analogy? And I don't drink Cola!

Happy New Year! Haouli Maka Hiki Hou!

3 comments:

Happy said...

I can tell you had a nice relaxing vacation. Bugaboo has turned a positive corner and who knows what 2007 will bring for you!!

I LOVE taking exercise classes (that is what you meant, right?)! They push me further than I push myself.

Lauren D. McKinney said...

Happy New Year, M-J! I like yer blog.

CryssyeR said...

Hey - great post :)

By the way, Dino has been begging for a cowboy outfit like Bug Boy. When you get a chance, can you shoot me the pattern? (pun intended)...I got the cow print fabric off of eBay, but don't know what to do now....

Glad you had a great vacation - and you sound really refreshed :)