Thursday, October 26, 2006

Red letter day in history

Today is Thursday, October 26. This is a very important day.

You say it's your birthday, Danananananana.
It's my birthday to yeah, Danananananana.

Yup. Birthday XXXIV, as Bug Boy would say. I feel great. I am happy it is my birthday. But I don't want any fanfare.

I will get online greetings from friends and families (already have, thanks to Nancy and Dino Boy's mom) and a few phone calls from my sibs. I have even gotten hallmark cards in the mail (because Darling's family ONLY buys hallmark). But I don't want a big, fancy dinner, presents or anything. I did, however, buy myself a tiramisu from TS's. Yummy!

No big plans other than cleaning up the basement for Darling's sister to come for the weekend. We have soccer, a halloween parade (if it isn't raining), sunday school and then Dino Boy's birthday bowling party. Then it is back to normal for another week.

I am not the type to like big parties and celebrations, believe it or not! We had a teeny wedding, and we were originally going to elope, except that our family caught wind of it and begged us not to. I don't dress up much, we rarely go out to dinner. We are the sit-at-home-in-front-of-our-fireplace type. That is our plan for this evening.

But, if you want to know what amazing things happened to other people on this day, here you go:
October 26

Have a great unbirthday.

3 comments:

Happy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY M-J!!! Enjoy it, it's one of the few times you can demand pampering.

Unknown said...

Many Happy Returns!

Chaotic Mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I missed you today! ;)