Sunday, October 08, 2006

Like the new look? Miscellaneous details.

Got tired of the plain ole white and black so I upgraded to Beta and also fooled around with the templates. One of these days I will design a totally new template of my own but for now this is good enough. I like this color combo (green is my favorite color).

We had quite a busy weekend. After manic mode on Friday I was exhausted and Darling let me sleep in and got up with the boys on Saturday morning. Except that Bug Boy had soccer at 9:30 and Darling climbed into bed and snuggled with me at 8:45. Yup, we barely made it. And yes, they played in the mud and rain.

Once the game was finished I stripped Bug Boy down and wrapped him in a blanket, drove home all three blocks and then got him dressed again so we could head to Tarzhay for a present for his best buddy's birthday party. Then home again to shower and dress and head to the party at 3. Bugaboo had fun playing upstairs in Polite Boy's bedroom and with the barbie cars in Little Miss and Middle Girl's room. At one point he had enough and Darling took him home (you know, it is twenty whole feet away) and I stayed and chatted and kept an eye on Bug Boy.

We got home at eight and Darling and I had a fight within five minutes. He was cranky about having to clean up after Bugaboo for a whopping hour and when I walked in Bugaboo decided to poop in the tub. And break three doors in the house. So needless to say, Darling just about lost it (see, I am used to it!) and made a snide remark about needing more time to himself. That did it! As my friend Dr. Betsy so eloquently puts it, I "Got Irish" for about an hour and we had a screaming match that ended in him leaving for two hours. I managed to get the boys in bed and when he finally got home I finished the wake-up call at which time we both apologized. Then I hit the hay, he came up two hours after that. We didn't talk at all, which was FINE BY ME!!! I was so angry with him having the audacity to suggest that he needed more free time. I mean, HEEELLLLOOOOOOO!!!!! What the bleepity-bleep does he think I do around here all day? Huh? I admit, I could have better used my time on Friday, but c'mon! I wasn't along all day anyway! I watch the neighbor's kids in addition to my own and it isn't easy!

Woke up Sunday morning a little late, Bug Boy and I headed to church and Sunday School. When we got home Darling gathered his tools and we headed to a friend's house to help her put together her new, beautiful and overpriced CW playset. YIKES it was expensive!!! We were there about three hours, had a nice playdate and I was able to chat. Bugaboo had a nuclear meltdown about half-way through and begged for the stroller and the car and passed out in his stroller for a while, which was nice, since he spent most of the time trying to run away from their house (no fence!). When we were finished there we went home again, vegged, started dinner, watched football. Bug Boy had Polite Boy over to play for a while, Bugaboo destroyed the house as usual and I picked up around the house. When dinner was finished and baths were completed we did our weekly Tarzhay run and hit TJ's. Home to melting down kids, cranky husband and needy doggie.

If I wasn't so busy and over-scheduled tomorrow I would wait to do the shopping. But tomorrow, oh joy of joys, I have my yearly exam! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Can't wait. Just kidding. I don't mind it. I just hate the part when they ask you when your last period was. Do people really keep track of that? And, I have to say the part where they SCRAPE cells to do your pap smear ain't exactly pleasant. The breast exam is fine. This will be the first year in six years they can do the exam with out breast milk squirting all over! Sorry if it is TMI!!!

The only problem with this weekend is that I didn't have any time to mess around and do silly things. You know, like surf the net, play with Photoshop, play the piano. I haven't done yard work or gardening in ages. I miss it! And soon I have to bring my plants in for the season and remember to water them!

Ok, enough rambling for the time being...I cannot collect my thoughts today. Reading over the past few paragraphs it shows!

3 comments:

Happy said...

Spiffy new look!! How do you list sites that you like along the side? My little site is pretty dull, but a good spot for me to vent. Sweetness never reads it and get tired of hearing about adoption. Sorry you and Darling are having issues. You had mentioned that he is having depression issues so that adds to his (bad) mood. Ya know? And didn't you say that you have stopped taking your antidepressants? Anyway, try and get through the day it sounds like it's going to be another toughie.

AV Ghost said...

Damn woman, you deserve a medal.
BTW, I like the new look of your website.

Unknown said...

Love the new template! It looks great.