Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday Wrap-Up

My first task of the day was to get outside in the blustery wind and clean up the doggy treasures before more meltage occurred and made it a poop-swamp. Digging and scrapping doggy-doo out of little half-frozen, melted and refrozen puddles is always a fun game. I literally had a whole Tarzhay bag full of dog stuff (and snow). Don't try this at home, kids...

Bugaboo is still asleep, as of seven-thirty. Either he stayed up too late (75% likely) is sick (20% likely) or actually needs more sleep (5% likely). I am not a gambler and I do not care why he is still in bed, just that I may actually finish a hot cup of tea sans nuking this morning...

Bug Boy was awake before I was and is happily chowing down on Honey Nut O's and a banana. He is being amazingly compliant this morning, a huge change from the past few weeks (since the Groundhog's Day Fiasco of 2007). I think part of it has to do with the fact that since he woke up early he was able to say goodbye to Daddy. Daddy has been working twelve-hour days lately and barely sees the boys, except for weekends. I like sleeping in on Saturdays...

Speaking of Darling, yesterday he had his yearly review (for 2006) and received his raise and promotion, as promised. He also received a sizable bonus, enough to literally buy the car he wants, cash (there is a 2006 leftover that is a bit cheaper). That is after taxes. I, of course, reminded him that if he wanted to go out and spend that kind of money all in one day, I could think of three therapies we could plunk down money for TODAY and about five things that need to be done to the house in the next three months (roof, a few windows, siding, ripping down the unsafe deck and regrading underneath to prevent seepage in our basement). For some odd reason the conversation ended there. I cannot figure out why...

The good news is that Darling is being serious about staying on antidepressants. He finally agreed that it wasn't just work stressing him out (he was blaming it on work) but that he has major depressive episodes and probably has a chemical imbalance. He has been so much more interactive with us and happier all around. He even comments on how much better he is able to handle the little things that used to set him off. Do not think he doesn't get angry, he still does. It is just that he does not completely lose it when he drops a contact or spills a drink. And when I had to be out three nights in a row this week (parent meeting, choir practice, tutoring) he did not turn into a zombie and get snitty when I came home. The house was picked up and the kids were in bed, a major feat. Now if only I could get him to pack lunches...

Speaking of being out of the house, I am looking forward to breakfast/coffee with the girls tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is our coffeefest for the flygirls. We have a new favorite spot, thanks to Trace. I plan on getting there early to get the good table, since there is a whole gaggle of us...

Speaking of early, the kids next door are coming over in five minutes and I am putting them on their buses. Their parents have a home-based business and work some crazy hours, the dad was working until MIDNIGHT setting up servers for a client. They have to work all weekend (and I mean, all day Saturday and Sunday) so Polite Boy may stay here all weekend and keep Bug Boy busy. The girls will go to their Nana's. I have had them every morning and afternoon this week, and they stayed for dinner last night. I have also had Bugaboo's little school friend here all week from eight until three-thirty (he also has PDD). Needless to say, I need Calgon in the worst way. I also need to shave, desperately. Not that you needed to know that...

Speaking of hair removal, I need a haircut! I also over-plucked the eyebrows before Christmas and the woman at the salon begged me to let them grow in for six weeks or more, she swares (swears, even) that it is the only way to fix them. Letting them grow in has shown me why I pluck them in the first place. I tell people I am going for the Brooke Shields look, but deep down I cringe when I see my almost-unibrow. Since Darling has one, too, both kids inherited it as well. Lucky...

My day is starting, kids are arriving. Have a great day/weekend/Chinese New Year/first week of Lent, y'all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened w/the tutoring?

Anonymous said...

I too have to dig out the doggie doo this weekend. Not looking forward to it...

I'm glad about DH and his job and bonus and the antidepressants. I didn't know he was taking them but I'm glad to hear that they're helping.

And yeah, what about the tutoring?

Happy said...

M-J, I was anonymous earlier. I was at work and was interrupted...imagine doing work AT work.

Looking forward to tomorrow! I do love that coffee place! It's such a good hang out place. Sometimes me and Sweetness go there w/a newspaper, sip coffee, and have breakfast sandwiches. YUM and such a nice way to start a Saturday or Sunday off!