Monday, December 18, 2006

Updating my blog

Someone pointed out to me that I haven't updated in a few days, so here it goes:

I finished last-minute shopping. I had a few gift cards to get and knocked them out today while doing my food shopping. Now I don't have to set foot in a store for the next two weeks unless I really want to (and want to punish myself!).

I made, addressed, stamped and labeled nearly 100 cards. It was fun. No, really!

We decided to get a tree after all. And it ain't real. We got the clearance artificial tree, and it looks amazingly good. No smell, no water, no allergies. Bugaboo should be much better off. We are NOT putting up many decorations since Bugaboo broke plenty of them last year (knocked it over three times, once on top of himself.

Darling is not arguing with me about money this season. I mean, he mentions things, keeps us on a budget, winces when he opens the credit card statement, but is not going off the deep end like he usually does. He has been awfully relaxed since about August. Do you think the fact that he has FINALLY gotten on medication for his chronic depression has helped? Hmmmm...

Yes, Darling needs to be on it. His father and sister both have SEVERE depression, his father is bipolar. It ain't pretty.

I have a UTI. I am pretty sure I got it from my sister. Just kidding, Dinoboy's mom!

My entire family is going to be together for Christmas. Every sibling, every niece and nephew. This has not happened, well, ever. It will be chaotic, loud, crazy and WONDERFUL!!!

We are going to Tennessee for at least part of the holiday. I cannot wait! We love it down there and enjoy seeing our relatives. It is a nice trip with plenty of family things to do. The boys love going to the choo-choo and the children's museum. Chattanooga, HERE WE COME!!!

I feel like I am in control of things for the first time in my life. My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy. I have a routine down for cleaning and errands. The boys' medical issues are finally being resolved. They are in appropriate school programs and are thriving. Darling even kinda likes his job now that he has been promoted and things have calmed down. And I am happy with watching the neighbor's kids before and after school.

I do not have as many hobbies as I'd like but that is ok. I know that I will have more time for them later.

I cannot stop thinking about having another baby. I am hoping it is just hormonal and the feeling subsides soon. I must be out of my FLIPPIN' MIND!!!! (You realize, of course, this is a direct result of several of my friends recently having babes and me holding them.)

4 comments:

Lucy T said...

Thank you for complying.

Domestic CEO said...

Yes, I'm glad Lucy mentioned it. I have stopped by numerous times since Thursday so I'm glad there is finally new stuff here! :)

I'm happy for you that you're feeling in control. I'm feeling out of control somewhat right now so maybe we are balancing each other out?

Happy said...

Like Rachel kept stopping by (do I have a life?). It sounds like things are on an even keel for you. I'm glad to hear about Darlings success w/the antidepressant. It can make all the difference in the world. Yes, I know about the baby yearnings you are experiencing since I have them too. Maybe after the bug boys are a little older you could investigate your options?

CryssyeR said...

Don't speak too soon! My sister-in-law has one too. Could it be from association? Hope you feel better soon!