Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thursday Thirteen: Stuff hitting the fan

In the interest of s*&^ hitting the fan:
  1. Bugaboo has been having nasty seizures. I hate watching it. I cannot do anything about it. The Neuro is working on a course of action.
  2. Darling gets super depressed this time of year. He didn't just have a crappy childhood. He had the kind of childhood where his parents were divorced several times, he and his sister were sent to live with Grandma and he didn't see his father for months and years at a time. He tries to make it special for the kids but I can see he is hurting.
  3. I cut my fingers with knives this weekend. Not once, not twice, but THRICE. Twice just from reaching into a drawer.
  4. I listed stuff on eBay. Which is great except that 3/4 of the items (yes, I sold three out of four) sold three hours after I listed them. Which means I gotta send it out. Now.
  5. I can see dust and dog hair piling up in corners and on baseboards. It is making me crazy. If I had enough time to cook dinner and do laundry I'd do something about it. I may do something about it today and say the heck with the clothes, they can wear dirty ones.
  6. The dog got out this morning. Darling did not pack lunches last night when I was at choir practice so they did not get done. I had to do them this morning and was running late and rushing around so Bugaboo decided (while he was looking out the front door for his bus) that since the dog was so eager to get out he'd help her out. She did not come back for nearly a half and hour and she NEVER runs away, just visits the doggie across the street. It turns out that she ran to the next block because she was spooked by the bus and there was a dog barking at her in the second yard in (who was chained, but she didn't know it) and she was corned, cowering. Never mind she is twice the size of the offending dog. She is 80 lbs and afraid of her own shadow. And her name is Shadow. Go figure.
  7. Bug Boy got invited to the party of the kid he likes the most. He rarely gets invited to things since it is difficult to make friends. The party is taking place the day after Christmas (the kid's birthday) and we will be away visiting relatives. I am going to try to set up another playdate.
  8. I have barely made it to the gym. I am hoping to make it today. If I don't I may turn into a blob of potato.
  9. I had to nuke my tea THREE TIMES PEOPLE!!!! ACK!
  10. There was a mix up at Bug Boy's school. I am homeroom mom (remind me in September NOT to volunteer again) and I had to send out a letter for the gingerbread house building that invited all parents to the festivities. Then the Principal sent out a letter saying that they couldn't accommodate all parents and would only accept a few volunteers. Then I got calls from seven confused parents in one afternoon. Then I had to write a note and e-mail to the teacher asking what the heck is going on because I already invited all the parents. She finally got back to me and said that they could come, just no unruly toddlers, since it is a messy project and there weren't any extra supplies. So no Bugaboo. Thank goodness they moved it from the day he originally had off to a day when he has school.
  11. I forgot several things on my weekly shopping trip and now have to go out and get a few things today. It is a good thing I am going to the post office to stand in line for hours today or else I don't know what I am going to do with my time.
  12. The Credit Card Company was kind enough to send out bill this week. Darling opened it. He freaked out accordingly. He is starting all the talk about a stricter budget, I spend too much(on food! Never mind the fact that I have holes in my underwear and socks and I buy half my clothes at Goodwill!), yadda, yadda, yadda. That night he did the bills and then started asking me if he should buy a Camry or an Accord and should we test drive one this weekend.'Cause you know, we can afford $400 a month car payment. And we can't buy food.
  13. Bug Boy has a birthday party this weekend with a nice boy whose parents are in total denial about his issues. They think he has a minor delay and some social issues. The kid is the poster child for Asperger's syndrome. He spent three hours at Bug Boy's party telling me all about Prehistoric animals and dinosaurs and was delighted I had elephants in the house because he really like Woolly Mammoths, and did I know that Mammoths are the ancestors of the modern-day elephant? That that Woolly Mammoths lived in the ____ period (I forgot which one he said) and that the dinosaurs lived in the _____ period (forgot again)? Then he spent the whole party playing with one dinosaur toy, didn't join in at all and didn't play with any other kids. Oh, and someone at Bug Boy's party asked which kids had PDD/Asperger's and which didn't and I laughed and looked around and said, "They all have PDD." I realized that in my quest to get Bug Boy normal friends, I overlooked the fact that he is most comfy around kids like himself. What IS normal, anyway?

I'm just tired today. Please disregard everything you just read. Thanks, The Management.

2 comments:

Happy said...

Try to have decent rest of the day!

Maddy said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has to make numerous attempts to drink my mug of tea/coffee. Things can only get better. Cheers