Friday, December 01, 2006

Pure Exhaustion

What I should be doing right now:
  • Stripping beds to wash linens
  • Feeding Bugaboo
  • Getting Bugaboo dressed
  • Packing bags for day-long adventure at duPont
  • Showering and dressing myself
  • Picking up around the house to get a head start on what I have to do later when I finish the appointments.

What I am doing right now:
  • Slowly nursing a cup of tea. It is supposed to be hot but I cannot bring myself to stand and nuke it.
  • Sitting and staring at the walls.
  • Reading blogs.
  • Dozing off in between.

Bugaboo was up last night. For a very long time. And when I say a long time, I mean a looooong time. Screaming, running back and forth, pushing on me, pulling me, begging me to pick him up, running to the fridge, making me get on the couch, crying because I had the audacity to lie down on the couch, pushing me to get on the dog bed with him (his favorite place to snooze). I tried getting him something to eat and drink and he stared at it. I rocked him, he pushed me away. I took him to bed, he shook like a leaf and begged to leave the room. I turned on his fake fish tank, he cried. This went on for several hours. Darling tried to take him so I could sleep and attempted to take turns but Bugaboo would push him away and take him back to our room. The dog tried to comfort him (and me) but he wanted no parts. He finally pushed me back onto the couch, pulled his favorite fuzzy blankets over us and drifted off to sleep. At 3:30 am. Since our alarm goes off at 6:30, that gave me a grand total of 3.5 hours of sleep, since he woke up JUST as I drifted off at 11.

I can barely see what I am doing, sounds like some caffeine may be in order. I have to take him for a feeding behavior evaluation and then to the Neuro. Little Bugger slept in until nearly 9! ACK! And he is in the best mood possible. That is a good thing, since I am not exactly in love with him (or his behavior) at the present time.

Wish me luck...

No comments: