Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Who is This Murphy Guy and What's the Deal With This Law?

You know that ole saying, "Murphy's Law?"

It really ticks me off. The guy who came up with it oughta be strung up by his toenails and then tickled silly.

So Bugaboo decided to sleep last evening. We kept him up, fed him well, gave him his meds and it took him all of five minutes to fall asleep. Keeping him up a little later (8:30 or so) seemed to work, he is still asleep! It is 7am! So, if he is only going to sleep 8-9 hours, I know that I now have to put him to bed after 8:30.

I know you are asking, "What about Murphy's Law? You referenced it in your title!"

Patience.

The past few days I've been fighting migraines. The weather is not helping the cause. Between my Gosh-awful allergies, Darling cutting the grass (Repeatedly. Ever see Forest Gump?) my changing clothes over in the dusty attic and the fact that Aunt Flo is here the very week I don't wanna see her, My head has been about to asplode for days. Last evening it came to a head. I was supposed to iron Darling's clothing for the week while he packed lunches. I camped out on the couch for a few minutes after Bugaboo went to bed and we both started to doze off watching college football. By then my head was pounding so I took something and we went to bed. No ironing. Heck, we didn't even brush teeth (EEEWWWW!!!) and Darling didn't take his contacts out (Bad!).

Scene: Master Bedroom,Two-in-the-morning. M-j tosses and turns in bed. Her head is throbbing. Her husband kicks her in the shin because she woke him up, accidentally, of course. The dog gets up, moves across the room, and grunts loudly as she settles down in the same exact spot she left. Snoring is heard in the other room. By some miracle the boys are still asleep. M-j quietly tip-toes downstairs and retrieves her bean bag hot pack, nuking it quickly. She returns to bed a few minutes later and tries to get comfortable again. The throbbing persists. She goes downstairs and nukes the hotpack once more. Retiring to the couch in the Living Room (best nap couch. EVAR.) she once again attempts to relax and doze off. After two hours and several trips to the microwave, M-j gives in to the voices in her head (what, you don't hear them?) and takes more headache medicine, knowing full well there will be a stomach ache to deal with in the morning. She gets the hand massager and hotpack and settles back onto the couch, the dog is suddenly at her side trying to comfort her. After another hour of massaging, hotpacks and repositioning, M-j finally dozes off. Only to be awakened by the neighbor starting his car and leaving for work (stinking Dodge Trucks are SO LOUD!). She creeps slowly up to bed and realizes the headache is now a dull throb. Thank goodness! M-j sneaks back under the covers, the dog plops down in her spot and they all drift back to sleep until...

"Is she really goin' out with him...Is she really gonna take him home tonight? Is she really going' out with him..."

The alarm goes off. Darling looks at me and hits the snooze button. He tells me I need a few minutes more. Nice try, honey.

Nine minutes later, " And the Southbound lanes of Route 30 are jammed solid from..." Another snooze button.

Nine more minutes. " Laser Eye Center. Make us your first choice..." Ok, I'm up, I'm up! SHEESH!

So, I managed to get around five hours of sleep last night, which is more than I have gotten the past two weeks. It figures. He sleeps through the night and I wake up for hours. And Bugaboo is STILL asleep.

Dang Murphy's Law!

3 comments:

Domestic CEO said...

You're so funny. :)

Sorry Murphy spoiled your good night of sleep.

CryssyeR said...

I certainly hope the next time you see Murphy, you kick him square in his **bleep**! Sorry you didn't get your sleep. Hope you feel better today.

Chaotic Mom said...

Hey, I know you were talking about allergies, but I'm beginning to believe it's actually related to a virus. Hubby had a splitting headache for two-three days, very unusual for him. About a week later Big Boy had a headache so bad it kept him in bed almost 2.5 days. We even have a neuro and allergy consult in for him.

But I've heard of waaaaaay too many folks talk about this headache thingy. I have horrible allergies AND migraines, but this headache has eluded me for some reason.

Or maybe I just live with the dull throbbing pain so much I don't notice it?????