Saturday, September 02, 2006

Updates on stuff

I love my hair.

I am ready for the boys to go back to school.

I am itching to get to the gym, since Bugaboo hates the babysitting there I haven't gone much in the past two weeks.

My sister and SIL have visited us this week with their children. Not at the same time. I've been surrounded by toddlers.

Our basement was getting damp, Darling figured out what was wrong and it no longer seeps. But we have to fix a sink hole under our deck ASAP so we don't start getting water in the basement.

I watched the neighbor's kids a few times and it went well. I will be watching them everyday after school for 2-3 hours. A pretty good job.

We finally locked the computer in a cabinet and Bugaboo can't get to it. The only thing that shows is the monitor! My LR is now a Music Room, with a couch from a friend (thanks tracy!) and our piano, plus my flute, two recorders and a guitar. The guitar I need to learn.

I have been decluttering again and it is looking great around here! I even got Darling into the action and we cleaned up the utility part of the basement and it is much better organized. I also have a heap of stuff to go the the borough Yard Sale next weekend. Now to get to the boys' closets and the closet where I keep the holiday stuff. The bane of my existence.

I wipe the two picture windows and slider EVERY DAY and there are greasy little finger prints all over it an hour after I wipe it. Bugaboo loves to get in the window on the window seat and look out at the trees. He also licks the window. Don't ask.

I hate doing dishes. We cleared the dishes last night but I forgot about the pan I cooked fish in. This morning my house totally STUNK of fish. It still kinda does. We cracked the windows and have the simmer thingy going. I do not like it when my house smells like food. That is why I grill outside three-hundred-sixty-five days a year.

Darling has been off all week. We were supposed to go to the cabin. We stayed home because we were anticipating Bugaboo having night terrors and had nothing up there to calm him in the middle of the night if that should happen. So we spent the week just doing whatever/whenever and it was really nice. A vacation in our own home. Tons of family time. Just what we needed! We are both quite relaxed. But Bugaboo and Bug Boy really need school and therapy. We are doing what we can but this week was a reminder of why they received therapy in the first place!

Bugaboo needs outside time. Like, all day. And this week is difficult for him, since it has been raining just about all week. I am glad we got playground time in here and there, he NEEDS it. Today he is crying and dragging us to the door. We are about to take a ride, he is very upset he can't go out in Lake Erie (my back yard!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome, I'm glad you're enjoying the sofa. We kept the loveseat and it's in my "office". We stayed home for our vacation this year and it was AWESOME!! It is great to get all those things that have been bothering you done.

Domestic CEO said...

What a great post. I'm stealing the style to write an update for me today (if the kids let me sit at the computer long enough).

How did you anticipate that Bugaboo was going to have night terrors? I can never tell when Aaron is going to have a rough night ahead of time.