Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Works-for-me-Wednesday

I saw this on a few other blogs and love the idea of Mommas sharing their little tidbits to help one another. So, here is my little example of what "works for me:"

My kids love arts and crafts and need tons of sensory. They also love water. So, when the weather is warm and they wanna be outside and want to do something with their hands, I give them buckets of water and dollar-store paint brushes. House-paint-sized brushes. They go to town on the fence, garage, swingset, deck, toys, fence, dog house, you name it. It is even more fun when I let them have the sidewalk chalk first and THEN give them the paint brushes. OOOOOOooooo, swirly colors! They love doing this.

Have fun!

2 comments:

Just Nancy said...

Seems like a great idea to me!

Unknown said...

Did you know they make sidewalk paint now? Got some on sale at Kohl's last week. The kids had a blast painting the driveway!