Monday, June 26, 2006

Summer Camp started today!

I can barely contain the excitement I feel! Summer Camp, for both boys, started today!!! WAHHHOOOO!!!! Wait, wait, hear that? No? That's 'cause there is NO NOISE and I am by myself, able to think, eat, drink, pee without interruption for FIVE HOURS!!!

I feel a little guilty being this excited about it. I honestly do think I've earned the little break. And the kids are getting quite a bit out of it, since it is a T-camp (Therapeutic Camp) which provides them socialization, sensory opportunities and just all around fun. The counselors are dedicated and caring (young 20-something girls fresh outta college, in some respects) and experienced. The boys love, LOVE them. Especially the red-heads. Bugaboo tends to find the first red-head and hugs away!

I decided this morning that I would like to take advantage of the transportation after all. I think driving them and picking them up each day eats up time and money. Especially since it is FREE. Free for me, anyway. But I indirectly pay for it as a taxpayer.

I had about 50 things planned. I got done one thing so far. Or, a half or one thing. I will be more proactive tomorrow. Right now I am just enjoying being able to sit and not hear something break or worry about food being thrown on the floor or worrying about a child escaping into the backyard without supervision. Ahhhh...Calgon, take me away!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you! I hope you enjoy your free time. Relax a little while you are at it. You deserve it! I am sure it will be a wonderful experience for them with what you said about the camp. It sounds great!

Anonymous said...

DON'T feel guilty - you are always telling me that Moms need to take care of themselves. Now is the perfect time for you to follow your own advice :) ENJOY IT! You more than earn it. No one will ever criticize you for it. Relax and have some fun - Luv Ya Sis!