Monday, August 21, 2006

Weekends are too short

This weekend was one of the most relaxing on record. Evar.

I barely did a thing. This new self-imposed laziness of mine is turning out quite nicely. I keep up with a few basic routines and make sure everyone is fed and the house is picked up and that is the extent of my housework. It isn't horrible around here, but it isn't great either.

Darling is on vacation starting this Friday at 5 pm. I can't wait! We plan on getting some painting done and then going to the camp for a few days. We shall see. I kinda don't want to go to the camp at all, but he insists. Maybe I will send him up with Bug Boy by himself for a few days. I just wanna stay here (with Bugaboo) and do nothing.

Saturday I stayed in Jammies for hours and then finally got ready to go to a BBQ. Darling stayed home with Bugaboo and I took Bug Boy with me. Since Bugaboo is a bit off (to say the least) we felt it was a bad idea to drag him to a BBQ. I am glad I went without him, he would not have been happy! No fence to contain him and a beautiful house that looked like a museum. Not the place for him. He has also been up quite a bit the past few nights with what we think are night terrors. Not fun. Little sleep for Momma!

Saturday Dear Sister (Dino Boy's Mommy) invited us to the pool. Darling was going to stay home but decided he was taking the day off from housework, too. So we all went to the pool for a few hours and it was heavenly. We had a nice lunch, the kids had a blast and I actually sat down for a while. Fences! WOOHOO! Bugaboo can do his thing. Of course, he did try to climb over it a few times and was vigilant in case someone forgot to close the gate. After the pool we headed to dear sister's to cookout. Darling helped her Darling put light kits on a few ceiling fans. We had a nice simple dinner and ate outside, it was breezy and warm. Nice!

We headed home last evening and the boys were still awake when we arrived home, surprise! They usually doze off after swimming. We fed Bugaboo again and tried to put him to bed, to no avail. Darling had to take him for a ride to get him to doze off.

I was able to go to bed before nine. Why did I have so much trouble falling asleep when I was going on eight hours total for the entire weekend? GRRRR!!!! But, i still had a decent night's sleep.

This morning I headed to the gym, the boys went to the child watch room. Bugaboo isn't too fond of it, he made it about 45 minutes. I still got a good workout in, but didn't completely finish it. I may have to get a sitter for him this week to go again!

Ok, time to shower. I stink. Good thing that blogs don't contain smells.

No comments: