Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hair, there and everywhere

I finally made the decision.

Today at 1:15 I have an appointment to chop off my hair. It is currently down to past my bra in the back and the longest layers have grown out to past my shoulders. It is a wavy mess. The color has grown out and the greys are showing again. And as much as I love having long, sexy hair, I AM SICK OF MY HAIR!

I have had this style or a variation of it for over fifteen years. It has always been a bob, a layered bob, a long layered bob or long layers. Basically the same cut, shorter, longer or in between. And the same hairstylist has been itching to cut my hair funky and sexy for ten of those fifteen years.

Twice in fifteen years I have had the guts to do something more drastic. Once I went to a new stylist and I HATED IT. I just had a baby and did the stupid thing and got a modified mom cut. BLECH! It was awful. I felt ugly and frumpy. I want to avoid that so I am going to my regular stylist. She is the kind of person you can trust, she knows exactly how to make you look good! She owns her own salon.

So, wish me luck. I have a ton of anxiey over this. It is the story of my life, keep it safe and don't take chances. Just maintain the status quo and don't rock the boat. Be boring and plain. WELL NO LONGER! MARJ has left the building and is being replaced by MAR-J. So there. And, let's hope she ain't boring a plain, 'cause Lord knows we don't need that around here.

It'll grow back, right?

6 comments:

Heather said...

1. I want the name of your stylist!
2. you better post a picture!!!

Domestic CEO said...

What Heather said.
I definitely want the name of the stylist. Good luck!

Sandy said...

I just got my hair cut today. My hair is usually sooo long and soooo heavy and very very thick... I decided just yesterday that Iwas tired of it and I wanted a change. So before I chickened out, I made an appointment and brought the hair magazines with me. She totally nailed the look I was going for. She thinned my hair and when I got up it looked like a small hair mountian on the floor. I wonder howmuch weight I lost in hair?? Good luck! And yes, it will grow back.... eventually!

Chaotic Mom said...

No way. I HAVE to come over and see this! ;)

Yes, pass along the name of the stylist, please.

BlondeBrony said...

Good luck. Remember it's only hair.

CryssyeR said...

A lovely cut, and I am glad you had the courage to do it. Looks SUPER on you. Not a Mom cut AT ALL. Good for you! Now, if you could just dye it blazing red....Kidding!