Monday, August 14, 2006

Crazy weekend

We made extremely last minute plans to head to the shore this weekend to visit Darling's sister and her family. It was a lovely low-stress weekend (besides the fact that Bugaboo cried nearly the whole time). The only problem is that I forgot I had responded to go to a few social events and TOTALLY screwed up. I was sitting on the beach thinking about absotively NOTHING (for a change) and watching the boys laugh and play and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Oh sh.... I hate it when I do that! I have a calendar for crying out loud! You'd think I'd consult it once in a while!

I mean, I generally look at it in the beginning of the week. I used to check it every morning but this summer I have gotten off track and lazy. I haven't done much of anything around the house other than the basics. I have gone out to breakfast, done laundry, gone to the Y to workout and have taken many naps. Basically, I did whatever the heck I wanted. And it felt great.

Now is the time to get my butt in gear and get back to work. Bug Boy is finished camp and Bugaboo will be finished with school Thursday. If I don't get back to the routines the next three weeks will be hell for me. They don't do well with spontaneity. Neither do I, come to think of it. I tend to get anxious when there are too many unknowns. I like to know what is going on and I absotively HATE surprises.

I did end up with a sand rash and bad sunburn from this weekend. I put sunblock on several times but missed one area on my shoulder. So it is burnt to a crisp and it huuuurrrtttsss. I can't sit back or get comfy in bed. And the rash around my bikini area is excruciating. It happens every time I go to the beach. Those little sand flies are awful. And after I went to bed early and told Darling how I was feeling he tried to proposition me for knowing each other in the biblical sense. I mean, HUHLOOOO!!!!! Yeah, I can't have anything touch my back or bikini area. Let's just jump in bed and get jiggy with it, shall we? I mean, poor guy has gone like four days without it, don't you feel sorry for him?

Sorry about that tangent. Not something I usually discuss in public but it has been on my mind. He doesn't talk to me for days at a time (not a big conversationalist) and expects me to just turn on and off like a light switch. Let's just say he needs a little work in the foreplay department.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guys are amazing (sometimes in a good say and sometimes not). This past weekend dh was of course in the mood after not being in the mood for the past 3 weeks. Why? Because I was feeling sort of grumpy and moody. Kinda freaky how hormones can be reversed for the two of us.

Glad you had fun at the beach!!

Chaotic Mom said...

Not that I'd get too personal either, but, "Hey, you feelin' horny?" doesn't do it for me, either. ;)

MISSED you this weekend! But REALLY glad to hear you had a great time, too!